Exploring Cells Edit
Objectives for this lesson: Edit
1. Observe, draw, label and measure cells based on specific guidelines. make sure your right
2. Observe and identify certain organelles of plant and animal cells.
3. Observe the effect of salt solution on Elodea leaf cells.
4. Compare the structure of various cells for evidence that they are suited to their functions.
N.J. Core Curriculum Content Standards Edit
STANDARD 5.5 (Characteristics of Life) All students will gain an understanding of the structure, characteristics, and basic needs of organisms and will investigate the diversity of life.
Explain how the products respiration and photosynthesis are recycled. Recognize that complex multicellular organisms, including humans, are composed of and defined by interactions of the following:
Observing Plasmolysis in Elodea Leaf Cells Edit
Lesson Objective: Compare and contrast the processes of diffusion and osmosis. Observe plamolysis in Elodea.
1. Review osmosis and diffusion.
2. Lab Inquiry 7.3, Observing plasmolysis in Elodea cells (students hand in lab sheets) 3. Student lab groups work on reflection questions, then share with class.
Go to website and use animation to answer questions.